MEET THE DIRECTORS
John Murdoch MA (Hons), MBA
Employee Relations Specialist
John Murdoch offers a wealth of knowledge and many years of experience in the field of Human Resources and Industrial Relations. John Murdoch and Associates Limited was formed in 1996 to provide practical, pragmatic, timely and cost-effective solutions to your HR needs.
John has established ongoing relationships with a number of clients in a wide variety of industries across NZ and Australia. Client-focused, John offers a comprehensive and flexible approach to HR challenges which include organisational optimisation and maximization of efficiency in all aspects of your HR operations.
John Murdoch offers Specialist Work in the following:
- Collective Agreement negotiations with a variety of unions across a range of industries (40 years’ experience)
- Union management and relationship building - John has wide trade union relationships and a wealth of knowledge to provide you support with Union engagement, bargaining preparation and strategy.
- Employment agreement development and implementation
- Hours of work/roster patterns; extensive experience in 24/7 operations
- Employee management, which includes effective disciplinary processes and performance management, personal grievances and dispute resolution.
- Mediation and Employment Authority work.
- Restructuring and exit arrangements.
- Health and Safety and Drug and Alcohol policy development and implementation.
- Auckland University MA (Hons) Political Science and History (1982)
- Waikato University MBA (1994)